You can probably been living under a rock if you have not yet heard of strobing! Loved by celebs and beauty bloggers alike, this trend is seen as the anti-contour. I particularly love this look during Summer when I tend to wear less makeup.
I am a lover of contour. I love a chiseled cheek bone and perfectly contoured nose and I didn’t think I would get on board with this strobing look.
Here is why I like it:
- It’s so simple to master
- It takes half the time that contouring takes
- It looks so natural and you don’t look like you spent ages doing your makeup (because you haven’t!)
- It gives a fantastic glowy, dewy skin
- If you are prone to oily skin, don’t shy away from this look! Own it! Don’t worry about looking shiny- it’s the whole point. use powder to keep your nose, chin and forehead matte and let your natural skin type enhance your strobe!
- As much as I love a good contour, It’s not a look to be done every day so strobing is the perfect alternative for a natural work, daytime look!
- Gigi Hadid loves it so it’s OK with me!
So say bye, bye contouring and hello strobing! Check out my favourite products to have you strobing like a pro in no time!
How to Strobe:
Hit the points below with your favorite product. Blend into your skin (I use my fourth finger to blend!) until you have the desired glow. Use product sparingly and you can always add more if you so wish!
Keep the corners of your nose, chin and between your brows and forehead matte by using your favorite powder!
What to use for strobing:
Take note that the below colors are for fairer skin tones, but most of these brands carry many different colours of the same product so go a little deeper. if you have dark skin, gold tones look amazing on your skin for strobing. Try Moon Beam from Benefit!
I prefer liquid products to strobe – it’s gives a more natural, dewy look!